One evening this summer, my Ayi (domestic helper) burst into the house with great excitement. “A man got himself drowned in the canal! The policemen have just fished his body out.” Shit! I said to myself, it must be that security guard Mr. Lu I had met the night before. He did it after all. “What kind of man, tall or short? Did you see?” I asked eagerly. My Ayi shook her head. “I tried to take a peek at the body but too many people are crowding around it.” I quickly dialed Lu’s number. When he answered it with his slightly hoarse voice, my heart that had leapt to the throat returned to its normal position.
- In China, dark is ugly – Zhang Lijia (chinaspeakersbureau.info)
- Taierzhuang: tourism Chinese-style – Zhang Lijia (chinaspeakersbureau.info)
- The conspiracy against China at the London 2012 Olympics – Zhang Lijia (chinaspeakersbureau.info)
- The insult of shengnu, leftover women – Zhang Lijia (chinaspeakersbureau.info)
- Top-5 most-read stories for August 2012 (chinaherald.net)