Prada is not doing as well as Gucci and Louis Vuitton in branding themselves in China, and Shaun Rein tells at CNBC why he would buy their suits, but not their shares. China might be skipping import taxes on luxury goods for stimulate sales, so having a decent retail operation in China is crucial.
Also: Shaun Rein expects China to become a world financial center faster than most think, with the Renminbi as a reserve currency.
- Why Wal-Mart loses in China – Shaun Rein (chinaherald.net)
- Louis Vuitton strengthens brand at Beijing museum – Shaun Rein (chinaherald.net)
- How to treat women, China’s super spenders? – Shaun Rein (chinaherald.net)
- Taiwan can catch China’s luxury market – Shaun Rein (chinaherald.net)
- The price tag of anti-Chinese rhetoric in the US – Shaun Rein (chinaspeakersbureau.info)